Monday, 21 January 2013

My New Toy: iPad Mini

Hey everyone!

Ok so this blog post is going to be a bit of a review on my new toy.

Clive and I both needed some new clothes and stuff for work so over the weekend we decided to do a little bit of shopping. We went to Chermside for a bit of a change to our local shopping centre.

While we were there we decided to have a look in the Apple store, as there are very few in Queensland. The store was packed!! The few times I've been past the store it has always been full of people. I suppose the fact the stores are so few and far between make it a bit of a novelty.

I wanted to have a look at the iPads as we are moving house soon and it's going to take me an hour on the train to get to work. I want the option of something else to entertain me besides reading books.

The iPads were a little out of my price range, but I decided to have a look at the minis they had on display. The cheapest one the had was the 16GB wifi only mini, but it was still $370.00.

I asked one of the salesmen a heap of questions about it and seriously contemplated buying it, then decided to think about it. I wasn't really sure I wanted to buy it.

We spent a few hours finishing the rest of our shopping and on the way out I decided to throw caution to the wind and bought myself an iPad mini!!

I was really impressed with the service I received at the store. Even though the place was really busy I didn't have a problem managing to get the attention of a salesperson. And once I'd made the purchase they helped me go through and set it all up with my email account and that kind of thing.

I did find it funny though that every time someone bought a product the entire staff burst out in applause, which also encouraged the customers to do the same. There was a little girl there who was having her fifth birthday and they all sang her happy birthday though which was adorable.

I've only had the iPad for about 30 hours or so at the moment but I LOVE it!!!

I was able to download all the apps that I've got on my phone to the iPad through the App Store. Most of the ones that I'd paid for on my phone I didn't have to pay for again which I was happy with.

The only issue I've had with it was downloading my purchased music from iTunes. It kept freezing up and I had to delete a lot of the songs and do it again, but in all honestly that was more than likely my fault for trying to download 550 songs in one go.

I basically wanted something that I could put movies on and watch on the train on the way to work, but its already proving to be better than just that. Its a lot easier using Instagram ( http://instagram.com/enfysmoon ) and twitter ( twitter.com/enfysmoon ) and my other social media, and I can lie on the couch and watch tv at the same time! Plus I'm planning on using the calendar and the reminders to organise my life a bit better.

At the moment I'm extremely happy with my new toy and I think my opinion is probably going to stay that way for a while.

What do you all think of Apple and their products??? Does anyone else have the Mini? What do you like most about it?

Until next time,
Emm xx

1 comment:

  1. Oo I am so glad you like it!!
    I love that about the Apple Store when they clap!! It is so cool!!
    I love my iMac & iPhone... Cannot wait to get my iPhone 5 in a few days!!! :)

    ReplyDelete